Friday, November 14, 2014

Rainy Day Coat

 I thought I'd take a few shots, in between showers, of my latest creation which will be duly delivered to my niece this afternoon. I hope I can get her to stand still long enough to model it later.


When I saw the ripstop nylon in the fabric shop, I couldn't resist it; but it's jolly expensive stuff, so I decided the only thing I could afford to make with it would be a toddler-sized coat!



Of course, it needs to be lined with something warm and cosy, and I managed to find the lovely chocolate brown fleece to go inside. It zips up under the flap, and I've sealed the seams inside with ripstop sticky tape, so it should be waterproof.


When I showed it to the ladies at my sewing group they all said "Oh, I want one", my thoughts entirely! Sigh, wish I could afford a giant - sized amount of the fabric!!  I'll just have to enjoy watching my niece in it.

Updated

She was delighted with her "Birdie Coat"
and couldn't wait to try it on!

The big photo shoot outdoors, the next day.


I just love the shape of this coat!


She was such a good model for me, little sweetheart!



No comments:

Post a Comment