Thursday, April 23, 2015

Traditional Holy Communion Dresses 2015


Here is a selection of dresses just finished and sent off this spring, some for the USA and some for the UK.

This dress for Madalyn, and the one below
(having slightly differing trim on waist and bodice)
were made for sisters in the USA
The fabric is an embroidered chiffon, which I managed to find after scouring
many fabric shops - it is difficult to find such fabric in white (or at all!)



Francesca's dress

Holly's dress is the only one I've got to see being tried on!
I was glad to see that I managed to get it to fit just right,
from the measurements given!




I made a similar one last year for Lucy's sister,
so it was a pleasure to be making another one for her,
in a different patterned fabric.

These last two photos show a dress made for Louise
in a dotted Swiss cotton fabric,
as specifically requested by her mother.

Back view of Louise's dress showing the ribbon ties,
made from same trim as waistband.
Hopefully I will receive photos of all the girls when they wear them for their special day receiving Our Blessed Lord for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment