Thursday, May 21, 2015

This picture makes it all worth while!

I'm not sure whether folk realise how much time and effort I put into my sewing!  I am a bit of a perfectionist, so the work I do has to be finished to a high standard, and I take a lot of time mulling over whether I'm getting the size right, and which lace trim will go best with which fabric, etc. Each dress can take me over 3 to 4 days to finish, (with house-wifely duties in between!) and each one is unique. It is lovely to see photos of the girls on their special day, but photos like the one below, just make my day!

Miss P shows the  pleasure and
excitement on opening the package,
just after it arrives.

I'm looking forward to seeing her in it too!



1 comment:

  1. She was just so thrilled - she comes to look at it in my wardrobe every day! Everyone has oohed and aahed over it - truly beautiful work, impeccable in every detail, and just a lovely traditional dress that she looks like a sweet little girl in. Thank you x She's so looking forward to the Big Day x

    ReplyDelete