Thursday, June 9, 2016

Last First Holy Communion Dress of the Season!

Today I managed to deliver the last dress I will have to make for First Communions this Spring/Summer - whew, a weight off my mind! It was quite exciting when the first few commissions came in, then it became rather daunting as I had more orders than ever before this year. But, thanks be to God, everyone got what they wanted, and in time for their special day.  I also have to thank  my trusty courier, (you know who you are, Mrs P!) a lovely American lady married to a chap from my parish, who very helpfully took dresses over to the States when she was visiting family, and posted them over there, thus avoiding the worry of them being held up in customs. She also brought back the pretty fabric that I used in this last dress. 

Isobel's dress is made of embroidered polyester chiffon fabric,
lined with cotton lawn, and trimmed with bands of cotton broderie anglaise..

With wide satin ribbon ties.

Now I can put the white threads away, and move on to another project at the other end of the spectrum, a cassock for a lad who enjoys serving at the altar.

No comments:

Post a Comment