Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Amazing What One can Do with a Few Scraps!

I have been working on a special ordination gift that some friends of a chap who is about to be ordained wanted made. They are not wealthy folk, and I offered to make something in a "budget" range, but when I looked through my scraps of liturgical leftovers, considering what a special occasion it's for, my artistic soul, which really only wants to use the best, plumped for some special scraps. It is to be a Preaching Stole, and I've used cloth of gold for the front, and a beautiful purple and gold silk for the back, in order to make it reversible.
I then had to decide on some appropriate embroideries, as the cloth of gold is a bit unexciting on its own, so I chose a Saint who is close to the ordinand's heart, and Our Lady of Guadalupe as he is also very actively Pro Life.
As the Ordination is not until next week, I shan't reveal all, until he receives his gift, but here's a sneak preview...

2 comments:

  1. An ordination gift with which anyone would be very pleased! Lovely work. I especially like the Our Lady of Guadalupe embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm really pleased with the way she turned out! Thanks Mrs P.

    ReplyDelete