Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Cool Summer Frocks

A few of the latest items hot off the sewing machine -

A lightweight cotton dress that has made it to its destination in the USA, where I hope they're having warmer weather than we are here in the coldest August I can remember!








The lady who commissioned this frock sent me 3 photos of widely differing designs, and fortunately was very happy with the dress I finally came up with combining elements of them. The dress is made from a cotton poplin, with glass buttons.


I was asked to make some bridesmaids dresses quite a few months ago, but because of the lockdown and other restrictions on Church services, it seemed as though the wedding would be postponed until next year. Fortunately, I did not have too much on, as the new date was brought forward to September, so I was able to get the dresses made in time. The skirts and puffed sleeves are of cotton lawn and the bodice and sashes are of crepe silk, a rather zany colour combination chosen by the bride!


It was interesting when I was photographing them out doors, to see my garden colours reflecting those of the dresses - there was even a blue morning glory peeping out at the top right!








No comments:

Post a Comment