Friday, May 27, 2022

Scotch Bonnets



I heard that there were chili peppers named Scotch Bonnets, but I'd never seen a pepper that looked similar to that item of headgear, and scoffed at the idea that they might, until I came across this image online. 




Having been asked to make a few tartan items for a couple of lads, of Scottish roots, I now have to agree that it is an aptly named fruit (vegetable?)

Tartan waistcoats, and bonnets were the order of the day, for a 3 yr old and a 5 yr old. I decided on a typical country gent's cap for the older one, but couldn't resist the fun of (spending hours) working out where to place the pattern pieces for a true Scots bonnet, wherein all the patterns would match around a centre. It turned out well, methinks.














The lads seem really chuffed with their new outfits!







 


Fortunately, there's a younger baby brother to pass them on to, when they grow out of them!
 

1 comment: