Friday, January 31, 2014

Latest First Holy Communion Dress.



I have just been asked to make a First Holy Communion dress and veil for a young lady who is about to receive Our Blessed Lord for the first time in February. It is made from a pure cotton broderie anglaise type fabric, but is lined in the bodice and skirt - I think she'll need some thermal underwear too though! It was a bit of a rush to get it in the post, so I didn't have time for many quality photos. Hope I get some sent from the big day!
Front view showing Peter Pan collar anglaise braid waist trim, and ric rac trim in other places


Back view showing tie bow in anglaise braid

Detail of fabrics

Overall view of tie on veil, with same anglaise trim used as the head band.


Close-up of head band
Beautiful delicate lace cross detail in centre back




I always feel it is a real privilege to be able to make beautiful garments for such a special occasion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment