Friday, March 11, 2016

Chasing away the Chilly Winter blues

 
 I'm a bit of a sucker for old fashioned sewing patterns, so when I saw a 1950s one for a baby's "papoose" type sleeping bag I snapped it up. Last Summer, I had bought some lovely quilted fabric from one of my favourite places in France - Alencon (couldn't get any lace, but there was a new fabric shop on the outskirts of town which sold stuff, the likes of which I've never seen in the UK) - and I had been wondering what to do with it.


I love the donkeys, and the Sunbursts.



Bright and cheerful for this grey time of year.

It seemed ideal fabric for the papoose, and I had a little lady (and her Mum) in mind to try it out on - one wonders whether things from yesteryear are still likely to be appealing to the Mothers of today!

And the lovely cotton pique lining fabric was from the same shop too,
I think St. Zelie may have liked this if she were sewing today!


The mother was delighted with it, as the baby had been cold in her Moses basket at night, since she always seemed to throw her covers off.  Mum has just managed to send me some lovely pictures of her sweet little one (less than a month old!) fast asleep, and looking very cosy, I must admit!

God Bless, and
Sleep tight Philomena. X


Adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment