Monday, September 19, 2016

Sacred Heart Restoration Project



A friend of mine asked me if I could do anything with this old statue she'd found at the back of her elderly Mum's wardrobe. She had someone in mind to give it to, so I said I'd have "a go" at it.



It was pretty much the worse for wear, and had a few burn marks and splodges of glue where the head had been stuck back on in the past.

I had hoped that with some of my cleaning solvents I could have given it a good clean, but nothing could improve the discolouration of the paint and gilding, so I realised it would need a thorough re-painting.



Here are a few more before and after photos.











I'm sure with the next owner the statue will regain a patina from much loving prayers being said before it.




No comments:

Post a Comment