Saturday, February 4, 2017

It's Starting Again!

The orders usually start coming in around now for First Holy Communion dresses, in plenty of time for May and June, however, I had to get my skates on with this one, since the family who are in the USA had only just found out they would be moving State and their daughter would therefore be making her First Communion at the beginning of March. I said I could make it in a week, and get it in the post, which I duly did, but it was a close call!! I'm hoping that there will be no customs hitches and that it will arrive in plenty of time! (The length of time customs takes in the US seems so variable - Usually the package takes about two weeks, but it has taken up to 3 and a half weeks before, the quickest being just under a week - to Los Angeles, the place furthest away from here!!)
Now time to go and hoover up all those bits of white thread and chiffon...

 This dress is made from a pure cotton with a polyester chiffon overlay, and broderie anglaise trim.

Unfortunately, there is no chiffon fabric left (I have just cut out the last chiffon dress), so as I can not find nice embroidered chiffon for love nor money, any future orders will have to be in cotton voile, or broderie anglaise! 


No comments:

Post a Comment